21 Days of Prayer and Fasting (January 2 through January 22)
When I pray alone, I can only exercise my own faith. Yet, when I pray with my brothers and sisters in Christ, the power of our faith is increased geometrically.
Moses told Israel that “one could chase a thousand, yet two could put ten thousand to flight”. (Deuteronomy 32:30) The secret that Moses was referring to was a synergistic and not an arithmetic increase. In synergy the combination of two things merging or binding together creates a greater effect than the potential output of two separate entities. Two plus two equals four, but with Jesus Christ in our midst, two plus two doesn’t equal four, the potential is beyond our comprehension. Jesus revealed the same synergistic effect when He told His disciples that “where two or three were gathered in His name, He would be in their midst.” (Matthew 18:20) When more than one Christian, even just two, gathers in the name of Jesus, there is an automatic manifestation of the body of Christ and the power of God to meet our needs. Much prayer = much power, little prayer = little power!
Beginning January 2 through January 22, 2017, City Harvest Family Church leadership is setting aside twenty-one days as “HOLY UNTO THE LORD.” I encourage each member of City Harvest to consecrate these days to set aside time to seek the face of the Lord of Hosts! I have several suggestions for the 21 days.
- Each Tuesday fast from all food from sunrise to sunset. Use juice or water to sustain you for those hours. The time you would normally eat, spend in prayer, praise and Bible reading. (For those who cannot fast from food for those hours, fast from pleasant foods, foods that you like to indulge in for comfort or pleasure.)
- Some can fast one or two twenty-four hour periods each week during the 21 days of January.
- Some can fast 3, 7, or even the whole 21 days unto the Lord.
- Attend the Friday morning prayer at the Church at 10:00 am.
- Attend corporate prayer at the church on Saturday morning, January 7, at 9:00 am.
- Attend special Saturday evening prayer at the church for one hour on January 14 and 21, from 5:00 pm to 6:00 pm.
- Attend the Tuesday evening meetings with a special emphasis on prayer and praise.
- Limit how much and what you watch on T.V. – Pray about fasting from ALL T.V. and social media for the 21 days of corporate prayer.
- Read the Bible as much as possible during this set-apart time. Read books on prayer and fasting. Hide the Word of God in your heart, memorize Scriptures.
Let us set this special season apart unto the Lord! I am looking forward to that “Suddenly” season the Lord has promised us. I look forward with great anticipation to what the Lord will do in and through us. I love you and thank God for each of you.
Stay under His blessing!
E. M. Bounds said this about prayer: “Prayer concerns God, whose purposes and plans are conditioned on prayer. His will and His glory are bound up in praying.”
- “When the church is in the condition of prayer, God’s cause always flourishes, and His kingdom on earth always triumphs. When the Church fails to pray, God’s cause decays, and evil of every kind prevails.”
- Few observant souls would deny that evil of every kind seems to be prevailing in our beloved country. Why is this so, if our God is able “to do far more abundantly than all we ask or think?” Could the answer be, “You have not because you ask not?” (James 4:2)
There is no greater motivation for prayer than this: Jesus lived a Lifestyle of prayer; He left us an example, so that we might follow in His steps.
(I Peter 2:21)
City Harvest 21 days of Prayer and Fasting
- Prayer and Praise each Tuesday @ 7:00 pm during the 21 days
- Prayer and Praise on Saturday evenings, January 14 and 21, at the church from 5 – 6 pm
- Prayer and Praise each Friday at the Church 10:00 am
- Prayer and Praise each Sunday at 9:30 am
March 30, 2017
March 30, 2017